We've got work to do.
WHAT ARE THE FACTS?
The school district faces unique circumstances.
- 78% of RPS students are economically disadvantaged *
- 18% of RPS students are disabled *
- Almost half of RPS teachers are in their first 5 years of teaching *
- 82% of facilities are over 20 years old, driving greater maintenance expense in immediate term *
WHAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED?
There are key issues and opportunities that deserve focus.
- Establish a shared vision for the district
- Develop policies for discipline that support both teachers and students
- Address inconsistencies in exceptional education, gifted and other programs from school to school
- Establish HR systems to ensure critical roles are filled with experienced full-time staff and there are clear paths for qualified staff to grow within the district
- Define best practices for division-wide and school-level communication
- Ensure the health of our students with a full time nurse in every building
IS THERE ANY GOOD NEWS?
Although there is much to be done, we discredit ourselves and our students not to recognize the good.
* Fall 2016 Bellwether Education Partners RPS Budget Analysis